Thursday 26 April 2012

Pitch.

In this post i will tell you how my group pitched out ideas to our peers. We made a power point and presented it to our class..






The feedback that I got from the class was very useful. They told me that it was slightly over-complicated, having too many characters, that I should just stick to the main two, Charles and Camilla. Just over half of the class didn’t like the reason why Charles wanted the virus, so we took that into consideration, and changed it. They also told me that they didn’t like the ending where both main characters died, so I changed it so that just one of the main characters died.
The class liked the idea of using no narrative, as they believed that it would add to the suspense and atmosphere of the film, so I stuck with having no dialogue throughout my opening sequence. They also liked the idea of having a deadly virus, as more than 75% of the class said they would watch my film in the cinema, with the suggestions they had made.
When discussing the costume of the characters, they told me that they thought Charles’ character shouldn’t be in formal clothes, only Camilla’s character should. I took this into consideration and ‘down-dressed’ Charles’ character slightly. I believe this worked because Charles is a young character.
The class told me that I had Camilla’s character spot on, and they loved the ideas I pitched about her. They agreed that she should be in formal clothes, and have no dialogue, and it would keep the audience guessing.
Overall, I used the majority of ideas that my class suggested to me, and I believe I was right to do so, as it has greatly bettered my film in many different ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment